Friday, February 5, 2010

T.G.I.F. (yes, I too want to set people on fire when they use that acronym)

The complete crap-fest that has been my week is finally coming to an end. I'm in high hopes that this weekend will pull me back of that proverbial edge. (i said proverbial, call off the intervention) And not that one thing in particular was bad enough to have me sitting in the dark in my crappiest bath robe eating double chunk ice cream with cool ranch Doritos in lieu of a spoon.....but really the combination of the week's events that have created this shit storm of emotions..

My week started out like any other. Happy for school to be back in session after a three day weekend due to snow and ice..... Its gettin old Winter..enough already! But as time progressed on, the Evil Week was determined to piss in my cheerios.

Things were moving right along when I get, yet another phone call from (*insert cell phone manufacturer here). The Boyfriend recently bought me a (*insert brand and model of cell phone here). One of its perks is that it is a touch screen and I have the ability to download applications for the phone. This phone, for some reason, will not do this. After "chatting" with tech support on the Internet for close to an hour, he/or she comes to the realization that they cannot fix the problem and they will transfer my issue to a "higher-up". So after waiting for two weeks, someone finally gets back to me, but cannot help me because I have to shut off the phone in order to fix the problem. This however cannot be done at that particular moment, because I am TALKING TO HER ON SAID CELL PHONE. After much a long winded explanation that I DO NOT have another phone line, which she didn't seem to understand, ("wha....? You just have the one cell phone and no land line.......? I.....don't understand........no.......other phone.......? Wha....?) she stated that she would just call me back.......HOW IS THAT GOING TO HELP????

But anyway... I know, I know.... I'm a spoiled brat. But I have the phone, I should be able to use ALL of its features. AM i right???

Anyhoo. Frustrated from the useless phone call, I decide to take my dog for a walk and get some fresh air. The first thing to greet me outside, is about a dozen (freakishly large) puddles of spit. Now this has been going on for over six months now, and Ive about reached my clock tower point.

As a short explanation; I live upstairs. My door is right off the the steps. Back when I still smoked I would sit on the top step to do so. This would put me about two feet from my door. The neighbor downstairs (who appears to be in his late 20's/ early 30's and still lives with his mother) has decided to come A-L-L the way up the stairs to sit in front of my door, smoke pot, and spit repeatedly onto the ground and steps in front and to the side of him..... which is essentially: my doorstep.

And if this was his only offense, it wouldn't be QUITE so bad....but he also: has one of his many girlfriends "service" him right there in the hallway. Has his friends come pick him up at all hours of the day and night, and let their presence be known by blaring their stereo for what seems to be 10 to 20 minutes before he realizes they are there. AND every now and then, one of the girlfriends will find out about one of the many other girlfriends, and come screeching through the parking lot, to then jump out of the car and begin screaming profanity, before finding out that he is in fact, not home........ Kill me.

(i said short explanation. Sorry, i lied.)

And added on top of that, maintenance wont install a new microwave in my apartment. The one I have is literally one of the first models of microwaves ever made! And it shoots out blue sparks about every third time it is used.
The Boyfriend suggested that we invite parents over to join us for our Valentines Day dinner. The dinner that I have been planning the menu for months now. The one that didn't involve OTHER PEOPLE....... Yeah...that one.
Recently another blogger (that I am totally hooked on reading) totally and completely crapped all over something that I loooooove. Wont go in to what or who, because everyone is entitled to their opinion, and the right to express their opinion. But it was kinda like when you are totally obsessed with a band or movie or something of the like, and you think that it is the most awesome thing on the planet. And everyone else on the planet MUST feel the same way as you, because after all, its awesome! Then you find out that everyone else you know thinks that it is total crap....... yeah it was like that. It stings.
And last but not least; The de-worming meds I am giving my cat makes him vomit......a lot. I don't just mean the occasional little puddle. No. This is apocalyptic, crime scene, totally over the top, amount of vomit. Enough said.

BUT..... I am welcoming this weekend with open arms. Being that I am an optimistic, glass half full kinda person, I am expecting.......HAHAHAHA.....
Yeah, sorry, I couldn't even get through that with a strait face....... whew!

But seriously. Bring it on weekend! I can take it.....
This picture really has nothing to do with this post. I just thought it was funny.
Happy Weekend Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment